In this post i will show you how you can Backup Windows 7 Registry Easily without any additional software Also how you can restore registry backup in 5 Seconds .
Registry is so important in windows it’s like database for all information and it’s written as BITS & HEX , In registry you can see list of your installed programs , System Config , user profiles , Network setting so you should aware when editing or using windows registry .
Of course in some cases you should edit registry but before editing Take backup for it , to restore it easily if any thing happened .
Also some kinds of viruses today attack registry and modify it cause some harmful to your computer So, NOW you must set up registry backup before you lose your OS or important data Besides Backup windows 7 Files.
How to Backup Windows 7 Registry :
Step 1- Open registry editor You can do this by >> “Start Menu > In search programs and files type Regedit .
Or click “Windows Keyboard +R ” Appear Run type “regedit” then press “Enter ”
Step 2-Allow Access for registry editor As windows 7 may block you from editing OS.
Step 3-In main registry windows from File > Export .
Step 4 -choose location to save backup , Give it name (Make sure Export tick rang all) then click save .
Step 5-After Few Seconds you can find “.reg” Extension File in location you previously Saved Backup in .That’s All .!
How To Restore Entire Windows 7 Registry :
Same Steps Like Above But after you save your registry backup double click on it .
Confirm that you want to add backup to your windows , That’s all .
:: Tips ::
- Make sure your computer virus free before exporting your registry .
- Try to clean up your registry from trash files before making backup .
- If registry associated to another program click open with and choose “Registry Editor” .
- You can backup all entries in registry or choose specify entries .
- Before making any change to registry backup it first then you can restore it anytime .
- Also this way work in Windows 8 , Windows Vista,Xp .